DOES YATES COUNTY REQUIRE A COVER PAGE?
Yes, automatically generated by County Clerk's Office
WHAT RECORDS ARE FILED IN THE COUNTY CLERK'S RECORDING OFFICE?
- LAND RECORDS: Deeds; mortgages; discharges/assignments/agreements of mortgages; land contracts; leases and easements. Powers of Attorney and wills are filed in deeds. See Index for Deeds and Mortgages
- PISTOL PERMITS See Index for Pistol Permits.
- SURVEY AND SUBDIVISION MAPS See Index for Maps
- PASSPORTS See Index for Passports
- LIENS, FEDERAL TAX LIENS AND JUDGMENTS. See Index for Liens.
- FORECLOSURES OF SALE. See Index for Lis Pendens.
- UNIFORM COMMERCIAL FILING CODE (UCC's) See Index for UCC's
- CERTIFICATES OF DOING BUSINESS UNDER ASSUMED NAME (DBA) AND CORPORATION FILINGS See Index for DBA's and Corporations
- COURT FILINGS, CIVIL AND CRIMINAL See Index for Court Filings
- MILITARY DISCHARGES See Index for Military Discharge
- MISCELLANEOUS RECORDS AND FILES See Index for Miscellaneous
- NOTARY PUBLIC
WHAT RECORDS ARE AVAILABLE TO THE PUBLIC IN YATES COUNTY?
Deeds, mortgages and other recordings related to these documents are available. Deeds recorded in Yates County prior to July 1, 2001, and mortgages recorded prior to October 1998 are contained in books, also known as libers. Deeds and mortgages recorded since those dates are imaged and available for public viewing by computers located in the public records room. Although imaged recordings are not actually kept in books, Yates County still retains the method of identifying land records by book and page. See Index for Deeds and Mortgages for details
Civil Judgments, Federal Tax Liens, State Tax Warrants and Mechanics Liens.
Doing Business Under Assumed Name Certificates and Incorporations.
Civil files, except for divorce files, that are available only to attorneys of record and to the parties involved and files that have been sealed by the Court.
Criminal files, except for sexual abuse files and files that have been sealed by the Court.
Pistol Permit files by APPLICANT ONLY.
Military Discharge by APPLICANT ONLY or family member if applicant is deceased.
CAN I APPLY FOR A MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE OR OBTAIN A COPY OF A MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE FROM THE COUNTY CLERK?
Marriage Certificates are not filed with the County Clerk. Contact the Town Clerk.
CAN I OBTAIN A COPY OF A BIRTH CERTIFICATE FROM THE COUNTY CLERK?
Birth Certificates are not filed with the County Clerk. Contact the Town or Village Clerk.
ARE DEATH CERTIFICATES FILED WITH THE COUNTY CLERK?
Death Certificates are not filed with the County Clerk. Contact the Town or Village Clerk where the death occurred. Occasionally a certified copy of a death certificate is filed with the County Clerk for reference purposes.
WHAT TRANSACTIONS CAN BE PROCESSED IN THE YATES COUNTY MOTOR VEHICLE ISSUING OFFICE?
The Penn Yan Motor Vehicle Office, under the direction of the County Clerk, who acts as agent for the New York State Commissioner of Motor Vehicles, handles most types of motor vehicle transactions, including all enforcement transactions. Click here for more details.